Sunday, October 21, 2012

Wedding Invitation FAQs

Happy Sunday everyone! How is your weekend? It has been quite an eventful week for myself, one that I'm glad is over! Last Sunday I managed to spill boiling water on myself while cooking, which resulted in two trips to the ER, lots of medication, and lots and lots of pain. Hopefully this will be a better week!


I am often asked the same questions about wedding invitations, and find myself offering suggestions based on the wording brides send to me, so I thought I would provide a few guidelines for commonly made mistakes:
  • Writing the year - it should be written how it's said 'two thousand thirteen', not 'two thousand and thirteen' (here in the US)
  • Honor vs. honour - honor is the American version, honour is the British spelling
  • Street addresses and zip codes are typically omitted from wedding invitations
  • Wedding invitations are worded in the third person - 'The honor of your presence is requested at the wedding of...' not 'We invite you to our wedding...'
  • The reply by date on response cards is typically 3-4 weeks before the wedding. You may want to check with your venue to see when they need a final headcount, and give yourself an extra week or two to track down anyone who didn't respond.
Do you have any other wedding invitation questions? If so feel free to email me: brittany(at)cricketprinting.com.

There are lots of exciting things in the works for the next few months including brand new designs, a new contest/giveaway (or two), and so much more! In the meantime, if you're interested in a custom designed invitation suite please contact me asap. We can discuss what you have in mind and if it's a design I'd like to add to the 2013 collection, I'll be able to offer you an awesome deal on the design cost! And lastly I'm planning the next contest/giveaway and if you have any ideas on what the contest or prize should be I'd love to hear them! Please email me: brittany(at)cricketprinting.com.

1 comment: